Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jacques Ravel in the New York Times

I'm back from Australia (although jet-lagged), and looking through the NYT science articles that I'd missed over the past week and a half, I discovered this article about the techniques used to establish that the mailed anthrax powder that killed photo editor Robert Stevens in 2001 was from the RMR-1029 strain (indirectly suggesting Bruce Ivins as the culprit, although the article stresses that is still as yet unproven, despite Ivins' suicide). 

It's a very interesting article, but I have to admit that what drew me in initially was the photo of my former TIGR colleague Jacques Ravel - while articles featuring Craig Venter are too common to mention these days, it's nice to see some coverage of other people I've worked with.

No comments: